Our Location

His son F.W. McAllister,

operated a grocery business

on this corner until 1911,

and rooming houses such as

The Alameda and The Palm

occupied the southern portion

of the building.  


After 1911, the corner store

housed other grocery stores,

a bakery, and a cabinetry workshop.  


The property was incorporated

into La Villita in 1949.

Samuel W. McAllister, a cabinetmaker,

bought this land on South Alamo Street

in 1854.  


A small house on the site was replaced by

a two-story residence.  The structure was later joined to his large store building,  constructed at the corner of Villita Street

in about 1880.